Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, EyeSouth Partners (“EyeSouth”) is an eye care physician services organization committed to partnering with leading physicians to build a premier network of eye care services in Georgia and the Southeast. EyeSouth’s partner practices’ clinical mission is to provide high quality medical and surgical specialty eye care. EyeSouth supports its affiliated practices and physician partners with capital, administrative resources, operating expertise, and strategic guidance with an absolute focus on clinical quality and a patient-first culture. EyeSouth’s affiliate network currently consists of over 50 doctors practicing at 36 locations throughout Georgia and Florida.
We are actively recruiting for the open position of Ophthalmic Medical Technician, at our Affiliate, South Georgia/North Florida Eye Partners, located in Tifton, GA. South Georgia/North Florida’s Eye Partners board-certified ophthalmologists offer world-class expertise in the treatment of diseases of the cornea, retina, macula, and vitreous.
· Responsible for supporting and/or participating in the overall care, treatment and education of the Ophthalmology practice’s patients within our Tifton, GA location.
· Obtains patient history and performs charting procedures for medical records/EMR systems. Maintains patient confidentiality.
· Handles patients’ questions during visits and via phone. Provides advice and resolves problems, in consultation with the doctors, within a caring and respectful manner. Scribes and assists doctors professionally. Supports patient care needs and promptly.
· Calls in patients’ prescriptions and prescription refills, with physician’s approval.
· Performs OCTs, visual fields, and fundus photography testing.
· Uses, cleans, and maintains equipment and supplies appropriately.
· Handles any individual responsibilities assigned by Team Leader, Head Tech or Clinical Director.
· 2-3 years prior experience working within a Medical, Clinical, and/or Ophthalmology specific office/practice environment.
· Must be able to travel between various practice locations as needed, possibly on short notice. Must possess reliable personal transportation.
· Must maintain knowledge of Medical, Clinical, and Ophthalmology specific office/practice policies, procedures, and systems, along with patient care and education.
· Knowledge of medicine and Ophthalmology. To include symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
· Knowledge of medical instrumentation and its proper care and usage required.
· Must be skilled in utilizing proper eye drop technique and sterility procedures.
· Must maintain the ability to access common safety hazards and take precautions to establish a safe work environment.
· Knowledge of computer systems and phones. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
· Strong knowledge of the English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Must maintain excellent writing skills.
· Knowledge of Mathematics. Must be able to use a Calculator.
· Knowledge of Customer/Patient and Personal Service. This includes patient needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of satisfaction. Must have excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the utmost in professionalism.
· Knowledge of time management. Must be self-managed. Must maintain skills in critical thinking, judgment and decision making. Utilize logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Job Type: Full-time