The safety of our patients and staff is always important to South Georgia | North Florida Eye Partners; therefore, in light of the issues surrounding COVID-19, commonly referred to as Coronavirus, we wanted to take a few minutes to let our patients know about the precautionary steps we are taking.
* Our leadership team pro-actively developed a plan to deal with COVID-19; we believe preparing our staff and providing information to patients are positive steps to avoid spreading the virus.
* We are encouraging staff members who have respiratory issues or a fever to stay at home.
* We have removed magazines in all waiting rooms for now to avoid having items that are shared among patients.
* Patients are being asked upon arrival to our office for appointments if they have a cough, fever or other cold symptoms and if they have traveled outside the US in the previous 30 days. If so, we are requesting the patient wear a mask; if the patient is uncomfortable wearing a mask we will reschedule the appointment.
While the overall risk of COVID-19 to the general public remains low, elderly people and individuals with chronic medical conditions may have increased risk for COVID-19. The best prevention measures for any respiratory virus are:
– Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
– Stay home when you are sick.
– Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We encourage you to take steps to protect you and your family; if you are concerned that you have been exposed to COVID-19 or if you have symptoms, please see your physician to be tested – and be sure to follow their guidelines to avoid spreading the virus.
If you have any questions or concerns related to COVID-19 and an upcoming appointment at our office, please call us.